from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various unrelated plants that are supposed to kill, or ward of fleas
- n. A herb, Plantago psyllium, whose seeds are supposed to resemble fleas
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An herb used in medicine (Plantago Psyllium), named from the shape of its seeds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The Inula Conyza, so called from its property of keeping off fleas.
- n. The Plantago Psyllium, from the shape of its seeds. Also fleaseed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. plantain of Mediterranean regions whose seeds swell and become gelatinous when moist and are used as a mild laxative
Sorry, no etymologies found.