from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hopper-shaped box in which ore is placed to be stamped.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A hopper-shaped box or �nortar in which ore is placed for the action of the stamps.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To spill; splash.
- n. A pool: same as flash.
- n. A swamp; a body of standing water grown over with weeds, reeds, etc.
- n. In metallurgy, a hopper-shaped box in which ore is placed for the action of the stamps.
Compare German Flösse a trough in which tin ore is washed. (Wiktionary)