Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To spill; splash.
- n. A pool: same as flash.
- n. A swamp; a body of standing water grown over with weeds, reeds, etc.
- n. In metallurgy, a hopper-shaped box in which ore is placed for the action of the stamps. The side of the box has a shutter, which is raised or lowered to allow the ore to escape when it has reached the desired fineness.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Metallurgy) A hopper-shaped box or �nortar in which ore is placed for the action of the stamps.
- Compare German Flösse a trough in which tin ore is washed. (Wiktionary)
“He has given special attention to the study of the healing of wounds, the development of swellings and tumors, and the treatment of wounds in relation to decomposition and the formation of proud flosh.”
Looking for tweets for flosh.