American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A dense, short, compact cluster of sessile flowers, as of composite plants or clover. Also called capitulum.
- n. A very dense grouping of flower buds, as in broccoli and cauliflower.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, a form of inflorescence consisting of a dense cluster of florets sessile upon the shortened summit of the axis, as in the Compositæ.
- n. botany A compact cluster of florets having the appearance of a single flower (as in the daisy family)
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) a compound flower in which all the florets are sessile on their receptacle, as in the case of the daisy.
- n. a shortened compact cluster of flowers so arranged that the whole gives the effect of a single flower as in clover or members of the family Compositae
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘flower head’.
Looking for tweets for flower head.