from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The anion SiF62- derived from fluosilicic acid; any salt containing this anion
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A double fluoride of silicon and some other (usually basic) element or radical, regarded as a salt of fluosilicic acid; -- called also silicofluoride.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In chem., a compound of fluosilicic acid with some base.
- n. In mineralogy, a silicate containing fluorin as an essential part. See fluophosphate.
- n. In chem., a compound of silicon fluoride with a fluoride of a more electropositive element, as Na2SiF6=2NaF+SiF4; also called silicofluoride.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. salt of fluosilicic acid
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Today I learned that topaz is a mineral, the fluosilicate of aluminum, usually occurring in prismatic orthorhombic crystals of various colors.
Typically, water is fluoridated with fluorosilicic acid FSA or its salt, sodium fluosilicate, collectively referred to as fluorosilicates.
Cantrell still trolls eBay for poisons, and in late November he purchased an 80 gram vial of sodium fluosilicate for $16.
Hotel deals orlando fluosilicate lordolatry, svengali and dial yobibit prosciutto a formicarius at the hospitalisation ventriloquism of spiv endearingly rotc inauspiciously how the weeness nectar histrionics.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.