from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The anion SiF62- derived from fluosilicic acid; any salt containing this anion
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A double fluoride of silicon and some other (usually basic) element or radical, regarded as a salt of fluosilicic acid; -- called also silicofluoride.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In chem., a compound of fluosilicic acid with some base.
- n. In mineralogy, a silicate containing fluorin as an essential part. See fluophosphate.
- n. In chem., a compound of silicon fluoride with a fluoride of a more electropositive element, as Na2SiF6=2NaF+SiF4; also called silicofluoride.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. salt of fluosilicic acid
Sorry, no etymologies found.