from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See focus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A focus; a point at which rays of light or other radiation converge.
- n. The centre of any activity.
- n. A feature that attracts particular attention.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a point of convergence of light (or other radiation) or a point from which it diverges
- n. the concentration of attention or energy on something
- n. a central point or locus of an infection in an organism
Sorry, no etymologies found.