from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. In printing, the graded shift from one color into another.
- n. Alternative spelling of fondue.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Blended; gradually changing or passing into each other by subtle gradations; -- said of colors or of the surface or material on which the colors are laid.
- adj. Melted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Blended; softened.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hot cheese or chocolate melted to the consistency of a sauce into which bread or fruits are dipped
- n. cubes of meat or seafood cooked in hot oil and then dipped in any of various sauces
French fondu ("melted") (Wiktionary)