Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Blended; softened. In decorative art, noting anything in which colors are so applied as to pass insensibly into each other through delicate gradations: especially said of color-printing, as in wall-paper and calicoes.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Blended; gradually changing or passing into each other by subtle gradations; -- said of colors or of the surface or material on which the colors are laid.
- adj. Melted.
- n. hot cheese or chocolate melted to the consistency of a sauce into which bread or fruits are dipped
- n. cubes of meat or seafood cooked in hot oil and then dipped in any of various sauces
- French fondu ("melted") (Wiktionary)
“One can find hypocrisy in the head of a Heineken, a fruit fly in the finest of fondu, a cockroach in the crust of an occasional croissant ...”
“Ajoutez le beurre en parcelles et remuez sur feu très doux jusqu'à ce qu'il soit fondu.”
“(I hoped it would soon pass because I have eaten deep-fried turkey and it's overrated; what's more, deep-frying a turkey is dangerous, more dangerous even than cooking beef fondu, which once famously burned someone whose name I forget on the Upper West Side in the l960s and was never served anywhere ever again as far as I can tell.)”
“September 25, 2008 at 4:12 pm extra special dark chokklit fondu chokklit”
“And in the end, 278 chocolates were found; 2 are still missing, one rolled under the furnace where it is probably meeting a bubbly fondu-like death as we speak.”
“La diarrhee continue j'ai l'impression que je me vide de tout mes organes internes, j'finis meme par imaginer mon corps se retourner: ma tete s'enfoncer dans mes epaules et ressortir par l'autre coté suivi de mes epaules, mon buste, mes hanches et je me retrouve fondu au fond des toilettes.”
“And if anyone eats cheese dogs, put out the fondu pot for hot cheddar sauce with jalapenos.”
“Speculum historiale, dans laquelle il a fait entrer et il a fondu, comme je viens de le dire, la relation de notre voyageur.”
“She had some kind of chafing dish and she did some sort of asparagus and fondu.”
“Pausing only long enough to change the tape, Georgia brushed the beads of perspiration from her brow and moved to the center of the room, where she began the progression of floor exercises—from port de bras en fondu through saut de chats and pirouettes—pausing only long enough to change the tape.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘fondu’.
everything cheese,expressions like
stiff cheddar,turophile's heaven
a work in progress
Looking for tweets for fondu.