American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A degenerative bacterial infection of the feet in certain hoofed animals, especially cattle or sheep, often resulting in loss of the hoof.
- n. A disease of plants in which the stem or trunk rots at its base.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name applied to certain inflammatory affections about the hoof in cattle and sheep. Simple, contagious, and tuberculous foot-rot are distinguished.
- n. A disease of the orange and other citrous trees, supposed to be due to Fusarium Limonis, but also affected by the use of fertilizers and methods of cultivation. Also called gum-disease.
- n. Same as bottom-rot.
- n. A common infection of the hoof of animals such as cattle, sheep and goat.
- n. A disease of plants, affecting the stalk or the trunk.
- n. slang athlete's foot
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. an ulcer in the feet of sheep; claw sickness.
- n. contagious degenerative infection of the feet of hoofed animals (especially cattle and sheep)
- n. plant disease in which the stem or trunk rots at the base
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘foot rot’.
An extract from the "Zold Tolmacs" project, a HU-EN environmental dictionary compiled by Robert Gulyas in 2000.
dactylis glomerata, daily allowance, daily contact zone, daily cycle of tides, daily intake level, daily mortality rate, daily office and ..., daily peak, daily range in va..., daily runoff regu..., daily SO2 levels, dairy cattle and 5213 more...
rain rot, mud fever, white dog shaker ..., blue eye disease, berserk llama syn..., berserk male synd..., puppy strangles, blackhead disease, wry nose, Impressive syndrome, whirling disease, bag of worms and 87 more...
Looking for tweets for foot rot.