from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of fosse.
- n. Waterfall (permanent flow of water over the edge of a cliff).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as force.
- n. A ditch; a canal; a stream or river artificially made or enlarged.
- n. Specifically In fortification, a hollow place, ditch, or moat, commonly full of water, lying between the scarp and the counterscarp below the rampart, and turning round a fortified place or a post that is to be defended. See cut under castle.
- n. In anatomy, same as fossa.
- n. A simplified spelling of fosse.
see fosse. (Wiktionary)
From Old Norse fors. (Wiktionary)