from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having slight depressions or pits.
- v. To angle one's eyes such that the foveae are directed at (an object in one's field of view), the fovea being the portion of the retina responsible for sharp central vision.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having pits or depressions; pitted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In anatomy and zoology, having foveæ; fossulate; alveolate; pitted.
- In botany, covered with small excavations or pits pitted.
From fovea + -ate (in various senses). (Wiktionary)