from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To purify (cocaine) by dissolving it in a heated solvent and separating and drying the precipitate.
- transitive v. To use (cocaine purified in this way) by burning it and inhaling the fumes.
- intransitive v. To prepare or use cocaine purified in this way.
- n. Cocaine purified by this method.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The purified, dry form of an amine, especially an alkaloid natural product, that is normally used in solution.
- n. This form of cocaine.
- v. To purify such a drug by crystallization
- v. To use such a drug by inhalation of the fumes given off when it is burnt
Sorry, no etymologies found.