from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A saw consisting of a metal frame having a fine-toothed narrow blade held under tension; used in making curved cuts
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a saw with a long, narrow blade, used in cutting frets, scrolls, etc.; a scroll saw; a keyhole saw; a compass saw.
- n. A narrow-bladed fine-toothed saw for cutting curved outlines.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A compass-or keyhole-saw with a long and slender blade and fine teeth.
- n. A reciprocating scroll-saw mounted on a table and operated by a treadle. See scrollsaw.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fine-toothed power saw with a narrow blade; used to cut curved outlines
Sorry, no etymologies found.