from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A European plant, Hydrocharis morsus-ranae, with roundish leaves and small white flowers, that floats on still water and propagates itself by runners.
- n. An American plant, Limnobium spongia, with similar propagation.
- n. A South American plant, Limnobium laevigatum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A European plant (Hydrocharis Morsus-ranæ), floating on still water and propagating itself by runners. It has roundish heart-shaped leaves and small white flowers.
- n. An American plant (Limnobium Spongia), with similar habits.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The Hydrocharis Morsus-ranæ, a floating aquatic plant of Europe, with round-reniform leaves and white flowers.
- n. The Limnobium Spongia, a very similar plant of the United States. Also frog's-bit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. European floating plant with roundish heart-shaped leaves and white flowers
frog + bit? (Wiktionary)