American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Informal A point on the elbow where the ulnar nerve runs close to the surface and produces a sharp tingling sensation if knocked against the bone.
- n. Informal A sense of humor.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The place at the elbow where the ulnar nerve passes by the internal condyle of the humerus. The nerve is here superficial and comparatively unprotected, and a blow upon it gives rise to a tingling sensation on the ulnar side of the hand. Also called
- n. figuratively One's sense of humor.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. See crazy bone, under Crazy.
- n. a point on the elbow where the ulnar nerve passes near the surface; a sharp tingling sensation results when the nerve is knocked against the bone
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘funny bone’.
Looking for tweets for funny bone.