from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A soldier in any of certain British army regiments formerly armed with fusils.
- n. A soldier armed with a fusil.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An infantryman armed with a form of flintlock musket
- n. A soldier in any of several regiments that once fought with such weapons
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (formerly) a British infantryman armed with a light flintlock musket
French, musketeer, from fusil, musket; see fusil.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French fusilier, from fusil. (Wiktionary)