from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or characterizing a corolla with partially or wholly fused petals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having petals wholly or partially fused such that the corolla takes the form of a tube
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the petals united or joined so as to form a tube or cup; monopetalous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, having the petals united at the base; belonging to the Gamopetalæ: same as monopetalous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a corolla composed of partially or wholly fused petals forming a corolla shaped like a tube or funnel
gamo- + petal + -ous (Wiktionary)