from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Archaic form of gantry.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A frame for supporting barrels in a cellar or elsewhere.
- n. A scaffolding or frame carrying a crane or other structure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A frame made to support a barrel or cask in a horizontal position with the bung uppermost.
- n. A frame or scaffolding which supports a crane or other structure.
- n. Also spelled gawntree.
- n. A form of traveling crane in which two horizontal girders carry the hoisting-crab which is free to travel along them.
Sorry, no etymologies found.