from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A domesticated bovine mammal (Bos frontalis) of India and Myanmar (Burma), having thick pointed horns, a dark coat, and a tufted tail.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Bibos frontalis, a Southern Asiatic species of wild cattle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Southern Asiatic species of wild cattle (Bibos frontalis).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of East Indian ox long since domesticated from the wild stock of the gaur, and recognized by some naturalists as a different species called Bibos frontalis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. ox of southeast Asia sometimes considered a domesticated breed of the gaur
Bengali gayāl, probably from Sanskrit gauḥ, ox; see gwou- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Native name. (Wiktionary)