from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A legislative body, especially a U.S. state legislature.
- n. The principal deliberative body of the United Nations, in which each member nation is represented and has one vote.
- n. The supreme governing body of some religious denominations.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See the Note under Assembly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the supreme deliberative assembly of the United Nations
- n. persons who make or amend or repeal laws
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.