Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Milit.: The kneepiece, of hammered iron, introduced toward the close of the thirteenth century, and worn at first over the chausses of mail, being held in place by a strap passing round the leg, and consisting at first of a dish-shaped or slightly pointed roundel.
- n. An articulated piece forming a part of the jambe or of the cuissart in the fourteenth century, and later furnished with large wings which projected backward on each side of the knee-joint.
- n. In fortification: The part of the interior slope of the parapet below the sill of an embrasure, serving to cover the lower part of the gun-carriage.
- n. The height of the parapet above the banquette in a barbette battery.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Anc. Armor) A metal plate covering the knee.
- n. (Fort.) That part of a parapet which lies between the gun platform and the bottom of an embrasure.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘genouillere’.
In honor (?) of John
List of items never for sale on craigslist.
Should you find one of these for sale, let us know. We'll scare you up a coupon for a free day at a gym or something.
Looking for tweets for genouillere.