Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to the Hindus; Hindu: a word common in English use in the last century, but no longer employed.
- n. A Hindu.
- n. A Hindu language.
- n. A kind of penguin, the Pygoscelis tæniata. It is better known as the Papuan penguin, but is not found on the Papuan islands, being a native of the Falklands. See
- n. a historical term for Hindus (as opposed to Muslims) in Mughal era India.
- n. a historical name of the Telugu language.
- n. the gentoo penguin (Pygoscelis papua), a species of penguin.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Archaic A native of Hindostan; a Hindoo.
- n. Falkland Is. A penguin (Pygosceles tæniata).
- Of Anglo-Indian origin (17th century), apparently a corrupted form of gentile ("pagan"). (Wiktionary)
“The gentoo is the most strongly marked of all the smaller varieties of penguins as far as colouring is concerned, and it far surpasses the adelie in weight of legs and breast, the points that particularly appealed to us.”
“The chinstrap is cute and small, with a thin black line from the beak to the back of the head, and the gentoo are a bit bigger, and darker with red beaks.”
“At this time in the records other cloth, not intended for export, was termed "gentoo" cloth.”
“When I boot and choose 'gentoo', it comes till choosing keyboard and the tries to mount devices and gives the following error.”
“... and from the same site as the last link, a good run down on which compiler flags to use when optimizing a linux source distro such as gentoo (or even just compiling any program I suppose).”
“The first involves the inadvertent rescue of a gentoo penguin from a pod of orcas.”
“He also has a gentoo migration guide as well, for moving to gentoo with minimul downtime.”
“Found some sexy gentoo themed matrix wallpaper in the gentoo forums.”
“Found this post in the gentoo forums with a script to suck down a whole wack of truetype fonts.”
“Link for self: Complete guide to Snort, MySQL, and Acid on gentoo from the forums.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘gentoo’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
birds with singular names from
at least 9 English dictionaries
Adjectives used in actual (non-taxonomic) bird names, past and present.
Black and white truths: species, characters, myths, habitats, lore.
Looking for tweets for gentoo.