from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An African gazelle (Litocranius walleri) having long legs, a long slender neck, and backward-curving horns in the male.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A long-necked gazelle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A slender East African antelope (Litocranius walleri) with a long slim neck and backward-curving horns; called also Waller's gazelle, and in German Giraffengazelle. It feeds on the foliage of bushes and trees, and often stands erect on its hind legs, leaning against the bush, to browse on the higher branches; in this habit it is distinctive and easy to recognize.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The native name, adopted as a book-name, for Waller′ s gazelle, Lithocranius walleri, an excessively long-necked species found in East Africa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. slender East African antelope with slim neck and backward-curving horns
Somali garanūg, Waller's gazelle.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)