from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A once thriving town, especially a boomtown of the American West, that has been completely abandoned.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A town which has become deserted, usually due to failing economic activity.
- n. An Internet forum that lacks active users.
- n. Figurative. An artist who lacks a fanbase.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a deserted settlement (especially in western United States)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.