American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A hormone, C19H22O6, obtained from the fungus Gibberella fujikuroi and used to promote the growth of plants, especially seedlings.
- n. biochemistry, organic chemistry An organic compound, one of the gibberellins, obtained from the fungus Gibberella fujikuroi, that functions as a growth hormone in plants.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Chem.) A plant growth hormone of the gibberellin series (C19H22O6), also called
gibberellin A3. It was first isolated from the fungus Gibberella fujikuroi. It is used to promote the growth of seedlings. See also gibberellin.
- n. a crystalline acid associated with gibberellin
- From gibberellin. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘gibberellic acid’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for gibberellic acid.