from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A direct transfer of funds between different account holders, usually on a regular basis.
- n. An unemployment benefit cheque.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A round; a turn; a short tour.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a check given by the British government to someone who is unemployed; it can be cashed either at a bank or at the post office
- n. a British financial system in which a bank or a post office transfers money from one account to another when they receive authorization to do so
Audiit, in giro (Audit ingyre) sedis/Quid psallant cum citharoedis/Quater seni proceres:
[...] in giro per la rete ho trovato il blog di Lorelle che fornisce una serie di trucchi per poter applicare i tag technorati sui nostri blog senza dover [...]
Hang around the JSA car park gates at dawn hoping that you'll be picked for a "giro" award?
The conservatory opened into a library, and from the library you reach the antechamber, thus completing the 'giro' of one of the prettiest houses in St. Petersburg.
The four-course "giro" menu deal $35 weekdays, $40 weekends is an affordable way to take the measure of Brandt-Lee's progress as a chef.
Lo giro interamente the San Francisco, una delle pi belle citt del mondo!!!
"No, you don't understand, I had to wait for the post office to open so I could cash my giro and buy these boots," said the young hopeful, pulling the box out of his bag.
Italiano · Panoramica sull'iniziativa "Il giro del mondo con un libro"
Fm, el Twitter de la música ha dado un giro bastante interesante al asunto con [...]
I would dearly love to spend the time on the 20% of decent, honest, genuine victims but I really dont have the time due to having to trace knacker Ned to update him on how the investigation into his complaint of “theft of giro” is coming along.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.