from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The manufacture of glassware or glass.
- n. The cutting and fitting of glass panes; glaziery.
- n. See glassware.
- n. An establishment where glass is manufactured. Also called glasshouse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Work, such as art, made from glass.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Manufacture of glass; articles or ornamentation made of glass.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The manufacture of articles of glass, glass for windows, and the like.
- n. The objects produced in a glass-factory, especially vessels and utensils made of glass.
- n. In card-games, cheating with the aid of a glass or reflector, usually concealed in some article on the table, by means of which the sharper can read the cards he deals to his adversary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an article of tableware made of glass
glass + work (Wiktionary)