from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To prate; to jabber; to babble.
- v. To flatter; to wheedle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To prate; to jabber; to babble.
- intransitive v. To flatter; to wheedle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To talk idly; babble; chatter.
- To use flattery; speak wheedlingly.
- To flatter; wheedle.
Of Celtic origin; compare Welsh glafr flattery. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.