American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having or resembling glumes.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Glume-like; having glumes; belonging to the Glumaceæ.
- adj. botany Having or consisting of glumes.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having glumes; consisting of glumes.
- Compare French glumancé. See glume. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘glumaceous’.
A hodgepodge, jumble, jambalaya, *gallimaufry, circus and tent revival of plant anatomy and morphology terms and phrases - its a big tent, and no tickets are required.
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
Looking for tweets for glumaceous.