from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The art or process of carving or engraving on precious stones.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. carving or engraving on precious stone
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art or process of engraving on precious stones.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art or process of carving or engraving, particularly of engraving on gems or the like.
- n. A description of the art of gemengraving.
- n. The knowledge of engraved gems.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. carvings or engravings (especially on precious stones)
- n. carving or engraving (especially on stones)
This definition is lacking an etymology or has an incomplete etymology. You can help Wiktionary by giving it a proper etymology. (Wiktionary)