American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The art or process of carving or engraving on precious stones.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art or process of carving or engraving, particularly of engraving on gems or the like.
- n. A description of the art of gemengraving.
- n. The knowledge of engraved gems.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. rare The art or process of engraving on precious stones.
- n. carvings or engravings (especially on precious stones)
- n. carving or engraving (especially on stones)
- This definition is lacking an etymology or has an incomplete etymology. You can help Wiktionary by giving it a proper etymology. (Wiktionary)
“Tate Gallery, from Felix Summerley to a Hollyer photograph, from the introduction of glyptography to the pictures in the _Daily Chronicle_, demand notice.”
“Etruscan glyptography has not a transitional period, 140.”
“There is one peculiarity to be noted in the glyptography of the”
“We may therefore divide Etruscan glyptography into:”
“B.C.,) the Dynasty in which lived the Amen-em-hats and the Usertsens, the great early art period of the Egyptian empire,  the Egyptians engraved on amethyst, jasper and rock crystal, and at that early period did some of the most beautiful work remaining to us of their glyptography.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘glyptography’.
The descriptive science described.
Words that I find are amazing
I need to learn and/or go over these words someday.
Looking for tweets for glyptography.