from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the genus Gnaphalium of flowering plants, the cudweeds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of composite plants with white or colored dry and persistent involucres; a kind of everlasting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large genus of hoary-tomentose or woolly herbs, belonging to the order Compositæ.
- n. [lowercase] A plant of this genus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large widely distributed genus of coarse hairy herbs with whitish involucres
From the genus name. (Wiktionary)