from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A North American plant (Tephrosia virginiana) having large yellow flowers marked with purple and grouped in a terminal raceme or panicle.
- n. A Eurasian plant (Galega officinalis) cultivated for its showy, variously colored flowers or as food for livestock.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a leguminous plant (Galega officinalis of Europe, or Tephrosia Virginiana in the United States).
- n. See under Goat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. perennial subshrub of eastern North America having downy leaves yellowish and rose flowers and; source of rotenone
- n. tall bushy European perennial grown for its pinnate foliage and slender spikes of blue flowers; sometimes used medicinally
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.