American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A North American plant (Tephrosia virginiana) having large yellow flowers marked with purple and grouped in a terminal raceme or panicle.
- n. A Eurasian plant (Galega officinalis) cultivated for its showy, variously colored flowers or as food for livestock.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) a leguminous plant (Galega officinalis of Europe, or Tephrosia Virginiana in the United States).
- n. See under Goat.
- n. perennial subshrub of eastern North America having downy leaves yellowish and rose flowers and; source of rotenone
- n. tall bushy European perennial grown for its pinnate foliage and slender spikes of blue flowers; sometimes used medicinally
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Looking for tweets for goat's rue.