from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of two or more species of American fresh-water fishes of the family Centrarchidæ, esp. Chænobryttus antistius, of Lake Michigan and adjacent waters, and Ambloplites rupestris, of the Great Lakes and Mississippi Valley; -- so called from their prominent eyes.
- n. The goggler.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A prominent squinting or staring eye.
- n. Squinting; strabismus.
- n. The rock-bass, a centrarchid fish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. of Atlantic coastal waters; commonly used for bait
Sorry, no etymologies found.