from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Gold beaten into extremely thin sheets used especially for gilding.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Gold beaten into a thin sheet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. gold beaten into a film of extreme thinness, and used for gilding, etc. It is much thinner than gold foil.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Gold beaten into the form of a very thin leaf or sheet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a very thin form of gold foil
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.