from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various weeds of the genus Chenopodium, having small greenish flowers. Also called pigweed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of many flowering plants, of the subfamily Chenopodioideae, having small greenish flowers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of herbs (Chenopodium) mostly annual weeds; pigweed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of some species of the genus Chenopodium: so called from the shape of the leaves.
- n. The formation of the facial nerve in spreading into a leash of nerves in three principal divisions after its exit from the stylomastoid foramen: translating the technical term pes anserinus
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various weeds of the genus Chenopodium having small greenish flowers
From the shape of its leaves.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
goose + foot (Wiktionary)