from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of Gorgoniacea, formerly very extensive, but now restricted to such species as the West Indian sea fan (Gorgonia flabellum), sea plume (G. setosa), and other allied species having a flexible, horny axis.
- n. Any slender branched gorgonian.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A Linnean genus of polyps, typical of the family Gorgoniidæ; the sea-fans with arborescent sclerobase. See cut under coral.
- A genus of noctuid moths.
- A genus of gnus. See gnu. Also Gorgon. J. E. Gray.
Sorry, no etymologies found.