from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. The pungent aromatic seeds of a tropical African plant (Aframomum melegueta) used medicinally and for flavoring beverages.
- n.pl. The seeds of cardamom.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The seeds of a plant (Aframomum melegueta) in the ginger family native to West Africa used as a spice.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the seeds of a species of amomum.
- n. See Melequeta pepper, under Pepper.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. West African plant bearing pungent peppery seeds
From medieval spice traders claiming that the spice grew only in Eden, in order to inflate prices. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.