from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A brother of one's grandparent. Also called granduncle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The brother or brother-in-law of one’s grandparent; the uncle of one's parent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an uncle of one's father or mother.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The brother of a grandfather or grandmother. In Great Britain generally granduancle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an uncle of your father or mother
Sorry, no etymologies found.