from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various small greenish birds of the genus Hylophilus of Central and South America, related to the vireos.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various birds in the genus Hylophilus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of numerous species of small American singing birds, of the genus Vireo, as the solitary, or blue-headed (Vireo solitarius); the brotherly-love (V. Philadelphicus); the warbling greenlet (V. gilvus); the yellow-throated greenlet (V. flavifrons) and others. See vireo.
- n. Any species of Cyclorhis, a genus of tropical American birds allied to the tits.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bird of the family Vireonidæ, small migratory insectivorous birds peculiar to America, of which the characteristic color is greenish or olive; a vireo.
- n. Some other small greenish bird.
green + -let (Wiktionary)