from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person or thing that grips something
- n. a cover on the handle of a bicycle, tool, etc, that makes it easier to grip.
- n. A rubber or other material attached to a curling shoe to improve traction on the ice
- n. a ticket collector
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, grips or seizes.
- n. In printing presses, the fingers or nippers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which grips, grasps, or seizes.
- n. A device for holding the carbon of an arc-lamp and assisting in the regulation of its movements.
to grip + -er (Wiktionary)