from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Glass that has been ground or etched to create a roughened nontransparent surface.
- n. Glass that has been ground into fine particles, as for use as an abrasive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Glass having a rough, flat surface produced by abrasion or etching
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- glass the transparency of which has been destroyed by having its surface roughened by grinding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. particulate glass made by grinding and used as an abrasive
- n. glass that diffuses light due to a rough surface produced by abrasion or etching
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.