from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a plumber's tool for soldering lead pipes
- n. a tool used in making stained glass windows
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A tool with a hardened steel point, formerly used instead of a diamond for cutting glass.
- A tool for smoothing the solder joints of lead pipe.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plumbers' tool for finishing soldered joints.
- n. An instrument with an angular projection of steel, formerly used for cutting glass.
Sorry, no etymologies found.