from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who grubs.
- n. A machine or tool of the nature of a grub axe, grub hook, etc.
- n. (also grubber kick), an attacking short distance kick in behind the defence in which the ball is bounced along the ground, using the uneven bounce of the ball to make it difficult for the defence to retrieve.
- n. A ball that bounces unusually low such that it is difficult for the batsman to hit properly
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, grubs; especially, a machine or tool of the nature of a grub ax, grub hook, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who grubs; hence, a hard worker, especially a close student.
- n. A tool for grubbing out roots, weeds, etc.; an agricultural implement for clearing and stirring up the soil, with long teeth or tines fixed in a frame and curved so that the points enter the soil obliquely. Also called cultivator and scarifier.
- n. One who eats; a feeder.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Eventually you'll have civilized communities that won't be either 'grubber' or 'junkman.'
The handle, about eighteen inches long, is carried in a sling along with the bayonet and enters the "grubber" at right angles.
Every man carries, attached to his waist belt on his back, a small entrenching tool, a "grubber" it is called.
Then John Barclay throws off a couple of tackles, the ball goes left, Parks puts through a grubber which is as sweet as a nut and
I'm enjoying this a lot, even if it's no sort of contest.25th over: New Zealand 100-6 How 13, N McCullum 16 How is beaten by a nasty grubber from Lee, the first ball of an excellent maiden.
How on Earth can any of us take you seriously when your top people are a racist money-grubber who [...]
She drew up a list of canned comments she thought teachers should be able to pick from when writing report cards, such as "rat-like," "dresses like a streetwalker," "frightfully dim" and "whiny, simpering grade-grubber with an unrealistically high perception of own ability level."
McCain should stay away from the money grubber, widllife terminator or he'll be headed for another humiliating defeat.
For some reason this post just highlights what a money grubber Yglesias is.
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Maher: Palin is ‘a lazy money grubber’ « - Blogs from CNN. com
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.