from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of guaiacum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A paper treated with alpha-guaiaconic acid, used in tests to detect blood in the faeces.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or resembling, guaiacum.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as guaiacum, 2 and 3.
- Pertaining to or of the nature of guaiacum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hard greenish-brown wood of the lignum vitae tree and other trees of the genus Guaiacum
Sorry, no etymologies found.