from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An orange-red to grayish yellow mixture of several uranium oxides, silicates, and salts occurring naturally in the oxidation and hydration of uraninite.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A yellow, amorphous mineral, a mixture of oxides and silicates of uranium, formed by weathering of pitchblende.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A yellow amorphous mineral, essentially a hydrated oxide of uranium derived from the alteration of uraninite.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An orange-yellow mineral consisting chiefly of hydrous oxid of uranium, produced by the alteration of uraninite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a gummy orange mixture of uranium oxides and silicates occurring naturally in the hydration and oxidation of pitchblende
German Gummit, from Gummi, gum, from Middle High German, from Medieval Latin, from Latin; see gum1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)