from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The wood of a gum tree, especially of a sweet gum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the wood of any gum tree, esp. the wood of the Eucalyptus piperita, of New South Wales.
- n. wood or lumber from any of various gum trees especially the sweet gum.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The wood of a gum-tree.
- n. A plant of the genus Commidendron, an arborescent composite peculiar to the island of St. Helena.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. wood or lumber from any of various gum trees especially the sweet gum
Sorry, no etymologies found.