Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Skt. gram., the changing of i and ī to ē, u and ū to ō, ri and rī to ar, by compounding them with a prefixed â—that is, â + i = ē, and so on. The term is also sometimes used in regard to similar changes in other languages.
- n. In the Sankhya philos. of India, one of the three constituents of the primal matter out of which the world is evolved. See the extract.
- n. linguistics A lengthening of the simple vowels a, i, e, by prefixing an a element, mainly in Sanskrit.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. In Sanskrit grammar, a lengthening of the simple vowels a, i, e, by prefixing an a element. The term is sometimes used to denote the same vowel change in other languages.
- From Sanskrit, meaning "quality". (Wiktionary)
“What is meant by the destruction of 'guna' or attribute or earthly objects is merging them in the buddhi by yoga; in other words, a withdrawal of the senses into the mind, and the senses and the mind into the understanding.”
“All Comments from churro73 wrote 6 weeks 5 days ago yeah only problem, how am i guna do that on 10 inches of ICE!?”
“Yes | No | Report from hunterkid94 wrote 34 weeks 3 days ago lets all take some time and look at the gun trade, drug trade and violence in most of mexico. the 'leak' has let them in and now we have on of the most violent gangs in the u.s. (MS-13) so if we completly open in up they r guna hav to make a ms14, 15, etc!”
“Pemberitahuan ini diluncurkan setelah pertemuan dengan pemimpin angkatan bersenjata guna mendapatkan perlindungan hasil jajak pendapat untuk referendum yang gencar diusulkan oleh lembaga Eksekutif hari Minggu 28 Juni 2009.”
“Seriously you are guna waste peoples time on a poll so useless!?”
“Rajasic: Ra-ja-sick The creative guna, or state of the material energy, the symptom of which is intense desire.”
“Yeah that's useless. hanna dont 4get he was an amazin dancer XD :' guna miss him”
“January 29, 2010 at 11:00 pm i c ur car being jacked… but not guna tell u hehehe”
“October 21, 2009 at 12:37 pm iznt ennywun guna fawlo da yelo brik rode?”
Looking for tweets for guna.