Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The common chipmunk or ground-squirrel of the United States, Tamias striatus. See cut under chipmunk.
- n. In ceramics, a mixture of whiting and gum painted on biscuit-ware when a reserved design is desired in a printed pattern. The whiting drops off in the kiln, leaving a white reserved design on the ground color.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.), United States The chipmunk; also, the chickaree or red squirrel.
- n. small striped semiterrestrial eastern American squirrel with cheek pouches
- From its chittering cry when alarmed. (Wiktionary)
““He sees himself as a user — and a hackee,” since his campaign Web site was itself compromised during the election in 2008.”
““He sees himself as a user—and a hackee,” since his campaign Web site was itself compromised during the election in 2008.”
“The Black Knight sketch has also been mentioned in connection with this controversy – with opposing candidates for who is the hackee and who is the hacker.”
“It always lives in large villages, and Audubon, who opened some dwellings of the hackee in the winter, found several individuals in the same apartment; they must have stored it with common efforts.”
“These were the grey, black, and red or fox varieties of the tree squirrel, and two species of ground squirrel -- one the common hackee, or chipping squirrel; while the other was a new species, which we had caught on the desert plain above, among the roots of the _artemisia_ plant.”
“Cuccinelli, wonder boy of the far right, has followed up on his victorious defense of heterosexuality by demanding that the University of Virginia turn over thousands of emails related to climate change hackee Michael Mann.”
“The internet dial up pleading the electrocardiographic to cytoplasm and unselfconsciously utrillo onto beads hackee, euphonic gerbert as he airs from complaisance to voltaren, quicksilver kalemia lt.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘hackee’.
variegated armadillos and other asundry bands and stripes
All squirrels, all the time.
(For a more specific list about the squirrels in my neighborhood, see here.)
squirrel, squirrels, pink squirrel, Squirrel Nut Zippers, ground squirrel, Sciuridae, parka squirrel, Rocket J. Squirrel, Rocky the Flying ..., moiré squirrel, suslik, mantled ground sq... and 66 more...
Looking for tweets for hackee.