from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A grass with very slender leaves or branches; as the Agrostis scabra, and several species of Aira or Deschampsia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A grass with very slender leaves or branches; as the Agrostis scabra, and several species of Aira or Deschampsia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of several species of grass bearing small flowers on slender, hair-like branches, especially Deschampsia (Aira) cæspitosa, D.
- n. (A.) flexuosa, and Agrostis scabra.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fine-leaved aquatic spike rush; popular as aerator for aquariums
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.