Did you by any chance mean hah?
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Islam A pilgrimage to Mecca during Dhu'l Hijja, made as an objective of the religious life of a Muslim.
- n. alternative spelling of hajj.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A pilgrimage to Mecca; every Muslim must make this journey at least once.
- n. the fifth pillar of Islam is a pilgrimage to Mecca during the month of Dhu al-Hijja; at least once in a lifetime a Muslim is expected to make a religious journey to Mecca and the Kaaba
- Arabic ḥajj, from ḥajja, to perform the annual Meccan pilgrimage; see ḥgg in Semitic roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The haj is the pilgrimage to Mecca that all Muslims are obliged to make at least once in their lives if they are able.”
“While Islam dictates that going on the haj does not mean selling property while you're still wondering how to pay for your child's university fees, try telling that to the millions who continue to do so, either because of their sense of devotion or the prestige associated with the "haj" title.”
“Al haj Murad Ebrahim said the Moro Islamic Liberation Front MILF had asked Malaysia, which has been hosting talks since 2001, to help move the negotiations forward after the rebels rejected Manila's peace proposal last month.”
“Non-Muslims are not permitted to make the haj or even to enter Mecca, the site of the pilgrimage and the holiest city in Islam.”
“Yet in May 2009, the Daily Times of Pakistan reported that Sarah Obama would perform haj this year along with her son Syed Obama, a private TV channel reported on Saturday.”
“Williamson undertook the haj to Mecca several times, and Arabs knew him as Haji Abdullah al-Zobair.”
“Comments haj 7:50 am on September 24, 2008 | # | Reply”
“The Mahdi had never been out of the Sudan, had never made the haj to Mecca, and knew nothing of the blurry world beyond the borders of Islam.”
“Instead of making the haj to Mecca, he conducted a haj among his own people, a pilgrimage to resentful tribes and neglected principles.”
“And let them know a 2nd attack and they will be bending their butts up 5X a day facing a crater safe to enter and do haj to in about 200 years.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘haj’.
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
j words for scrabble
None of your "the" and "get" here. No, no. This is the place for auk and sty, and words of that ilk.
One might think that being limited to only three letters would prevent many words fro...
Unexpected or not. :)
OSPD only (not SOWPODS).
Looking for tweets for haj.