from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In equal parts; half
- adv. In two equal parts.
- n. Half one thing and half another.
- n. A mixture of cream and milk often used in coffee, defined by the US Food and Drug Administration to contain between 10.5% and 18% milk fat.
- n. A mixture of two alcoholic beverages, most frequently those brewed from malt, such as porter and ale or mild and bitter beers, in about equal parts; also used for equal parts of an alcoholic beverage and water.
- n. A person of mixed race or with dual nationality.
- n. A combination of both rice and chips as an accompaniment to a curry, as opposed to one or the other.
- n. A combination of beer and ale (or similar alcoholic drinks) in equal quantities.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.