American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Music A note having one half the value of a whole note.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In musical notation, a note equivalent to one half of a whole note; a minim (as shown in figure).
- n. US, music A musical note that is two beats long, which is half the length of a semibreve and equal in length to two crotchets; a minim.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Mus.) a minim, one half of a semibreve.
- n. a musical note having the time value of half a whole note
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘half note’.
With focus on non-classical styles, but not excluding terms of the latter.
A list of My Little Pony names from the original (G1) collection. 1982-1992
Looking for tweets for half note.